Liz Lisa Chocolat Pattern OP 🍫🧸♡

by - 3:23 PM

Hello, sweet flowers!
🌷
It must be that time of year again, the time in which I find a bit of wind beneath my sail that motivates me to share a new handwritten letter with you all on Lulu's Letters! 💌


Today's letter, much like the ones that have come before, shares a bit of a broader look at a new purchase of mine. This time, in anticipation for Autumn still to come, I'll be sharing photos of Liz Lisa's early AW collection featured print, the Chocolat Pattern One-Piece!
I hope that my photos can help those still unsure or hesitant to decide if this is the right piece to find a home in your special closet!
- - -  - - -

ショコラ柄ワンピース in  ブラウン(123)

Chocolat Pattern One-Piece in Brown (123)
115-6001-0

As a self proclaimed princess of pastel, it's certainly strange to find myself writing up a post about a dress in brown with raspberry accents; but the heart wants what it wants, is what they say! As briefly mentioned in previous posts, I don't necessarily find my heart on the sleeve of all too many prints of recent Liz Lisa releases. I tend to be a bit more level-headed and understanding that if a print is to sell out, I can and will continue on without it, in chance we may meet in the future. And so, many patterns have been a miss for me, whether it be because I'm not all too fond of the design itself, the fit of the piece, or otherwise.


The chocolat one-piece, with its delicious pattern and attention to detail, had me wondering if it was about time to add a chocolate print to my wardrobe. After all, chocolate is good year round, right?
And so, I fell into it's sweet and sticky clutches...🍫

 

As some may have noticed, Liz Lisa's colour palette has changed quite drastically in recent years. Pinks are no longer warm hued and most pieces come in variants involving pink, white, and black. Being an Autumnal print and one of chocolate, it was almost guaranteed that this print would have a brown colourway option! Not being a fan of black prints or the new, cooler dusty pink hue, I set my sights on the brown..!

Not purchasing the print on immediate release allowed me time to see the shade of brown in different lightings, which can play a big factour in the true colour of the piece...
After seeing the slightly more muted brown modelled by Nana Kato in the official photos and the warmer, richer brown modelled by the shop staff, I was confident it would come in a shade I'd truly like!



As you can, see in the warm hue of my bedroom, the brown comes out fairly lightly, though not washed out! It pairs nicely with the raspberry accent colour of the tulle layer, the ribbon on the sleeves and the removeable neck ribbon. The plaid pattern near the bottom of the print is very similar to the Romantic Messages Teddy Bear print from 2020 A/W; though in my opinion, it works better with this pattern! The choice to have a variant shade, the raspberry, works well to bring out the warmth of the brown and remind you that the dress is truly one big chocolate bar..!



 Something I've always appreciated dearly about Liz Lisa pieces is the attention to small detail. The cushion heart buttons, the neatly embroidered 'frambois chocolat' of the bow, the pearl button at the back of the neck... The little joys deserve equally as much celebration and appreciation!
While I'm not necessarily always a fan of big neck ribbons, especially so when the front bib pattern is so beautiful on its own, I adore the ability to remove or add it as I please. Personally, I like to use them as hair ribbons to create a matching coord..!



Teddy bears, chocolate squares, cookies and cakes and all the other sweet motifs makes this one of the most . It incorporates a bit of that old Liz Lisa flair with the florals, ribbons and lace as well as the newer generation of Liz Lisa with their love for cute characters (teddy bears and bunny rabbits, especially so) and sweet themes. ♡

- - -  - - -

As a special addition to my little letter, I also wanted to add a few photos of the dress worn, in varying shades of lighting..! As I wrote above, it took me some time to decide myself, and while the dress is almost sold out now (I blame myself for taking so long to write this post...), may this post help you if it were to show up in the future!

 



As you can see, in cooler lighting, most of the colours become a bit more desaturated and the raspberry tones seem to stand out more than the brown shade which can be seen in the bow in my hair and the lace trimming. In the warmer lighting of the last two photos however, the colours really pop..!

 Although this is the free size, I find that Liz Lisa's newer pieces can be a bit big on the bust for me personally, and so I greatly appreciate the ribbon at the back that ties to bring the dress in a bit more. 

- - - 
 - - -

And so my review of the new Chocolat pattern one-piece is a wrap (though if this were a chocolate bar wrapper, it would certainly be empty)! I hope that you enjoyed my little 'bittersweet fantasy' wonderland, I find that I have so much fun creating photoshoots to share with you all, especially of Liz Lisa pieces!
May the rest of your day be equally as sweet! 

Until next time!
With love, always,

You May Also Like

0 notes