Liz Lisa Spring 2019 Haul ♡

by - 11:51 AM

Hello, flowers!
🌷
Despite it still being Winter here in the Western hemisphere, in my opinion, it's never too early to start thinking about Spring! That's why they say to spring forward, after all~

Alright, while that may not be true, it's always Spring in my heart; and when Liz Lisa began to reveal pieces from their Spring 2019 collection, I felt the chill of Winter begin to melt away! Back in 2017, Liz Lisa released the most darling print of toy poodles with umbrellas, which I very excitedly bought the bag from! This year, they've introduced the doggone cutest prints in their 'Girl in Bloom' line, with terrace teatime and poodle prints! (pun intended, of course~) ♡



As much as I adore Liz Lisa, it's not often that I buy something from their new releases as it would be a tad expensive if I bought everything I wanted upon release; but nevertheless, I wanted to support this print because I adore it so much! 

プードルスカパン in オレンジ

Poodle Print Skirt in Orange
191-5001-0


"Poodle, cafe table, rocking chair, cafe signboard, all cute cafe details on a cute and original print skirt.The pocket mouths with girly chiffon frills. The front coloring buttons to add elegance to the whole design."


As soon as I saw the skirt, I knew that I'd opt to buy it because of the adorable print! The style itself is quite different from any other Liz Lisa skirt I own as it has defined pleats rather than being more flowy. Seeing as pleated skirts are seemingly popular in Japan right now, it seems a nice balance of cutesy but also stylish! ♡


Although it's described as a skirt on the ENG Tokyo Kawaii Life, it's actually a sukapan, a skirt with built in shorts beneath! I adore sukapans because they're both cute and functional, which can be difficult to maintain with some j-fashion styles.



The gathering on the back gives a bit of stretch, perfect for climbing in and out of or tucking in blouses!


I wasn't sure just how 'bright' the orange would turn out to be, so I'm very pleased that it's a soft sunset shade rather than a sorbet colour! The pinks and browns go oh so well with it. ♡

プードルチャーム in ホワイト

Poodle Charm in White
191-9703-0


"LIZ LISA original poodle bag charm. The lovely poodle, ribbon with a logo and pearl chain are the lovely points. Recommended additional accessory this spring!"


Lovely is most certainly right..! Even before my gyaru phase of collecting as many charms on my bags and phone as possible, I adored keychains and charms as they were one of the most convenient ways of showing just a smidgen of your personality to the world when you displayed them oh so proudly! ♡


To know I now own one of the sweetest charms I've ever laid eyes on makes my heart swell with happiness..! Layers of ribbon, pristine pearls with gold accents, the softest pompom puppy with needle-felt ears and button eyes... Now that it's in my hands, it's enough to compensate the $18 price tag I fought so avidly to ignore.


Not to mention, it pairs perfectly with my poodle pattern purse from Spring 2017 (173-9424-0). It was meant to be~ ♪

ボリューム袖ブークレカーディガン in ホワイト

Volume Sleeve Buckle Cardigan in White
185-3019-0


When I first began my order for the poodle print, I added and removed so many different items from my cart, trying to find a reasonable amount to spend on what items meant the most to me. As I do any time I find myself struggling to commit to a purchase, I left my cart over night, to give myself time to think; but after only a few hours of the clock ticking away, I kept thinking to myself, "What if the cardigan sells out?". It hadn't occurred to me that the dress or shoes I didn't wind up purchasing could have just as easily sold out, they were also running low on stock! For me, it was the cardigan that I kept going back to, and so it was the cardigan I wound up purchasing.


"Cute thread design cardigan. The fluffy touch for a comfy feeling. A nice cardigan matching with many tops. All our attention on the top button with a cute bijou button, the cuffs and the scallops on the hem which are also very lovely."


Prior to the recent 大人 trend (think brands such as Le Reve Vaniller, Jill Stuart, Majestic Legon), I was never the biggest fan of bijou detailing. Now I find the amount of detail that goes into each piece is so feminine and dainty, but still cute! Not to mention, the popper and pearl buttons are stylish, yet easy to use. It's funny how our opinions can change as we grow, isn't it? ♡


I'm beyond happy I went with this comfy, cosy, cute cardigan. The darling details that are subtle enough to pair with any coordinate. It's unlike any I own, which makes it all the more special an addition to my wardrobe! ♡

- - -  - - -

Although only a few items, I'm extremely pleased with everything I decided to order! It's always such a difficult time for me, deciding what to buy, how much to spend, and whether I truly need any of this; but if I just think it through, I always come out with a smile on my face.
This order was made through the Tokyo Kawaii Life Overseas site! Due to the Poodle Print being a pre-order item, it took one day shy of a week (6 days) to ship my order; but with EMS, it arrived in a mere 4 days.

I really do feel so very lucky to have the opportunity to make orders like this one. Never would I have thought that some day, I'd be able to order directly from Liz Lisa, buying brand new items, to coordinate with clothes I'm so fortunate to own. It feels unreal, even now..! My hopes for the next blogpost haul are to share flatlays and coordinates of the items I've purchased, in hopes maybe they might be of use to someone interested in making the same purchases..! Until the next haul, I hope you'll enjoy a look into the smaller joys of my every day life, and as always, thank you for following along! ♡

With love, always,

You May Also Like

2 notes

  1. Ooh, everything is so pretty!! I have yet to purchase anything from Liz Lisa but I oh, so want to. That print is SO adorable!

    Regina/ Margarita Bloom Beauty & Fashion
    WEBSITE: http://www.margarita-bloom.com
    BLOG: http://www.cherrylipsblondecurls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear! ♡
      It took me quite some time to buy something from them directly (I believe it was only in the past year and half, everything up until then was through secondhand sites); but with their Overseas website and eBay, everything has become so much easier! I'm thankful for it, because it means others can share in the joy they bring! Here's hoping that you'll be able to purchase your first piece soon! ♡

      ♡ Lulu
      Website: https://lulus-letters.blogspot.com/
      IG: https://www.instagram.com/dollielulu/

      Delete