A Little Slice of Heaven ♡

by - 3:50 PM

 Hello, sweet flowers!

🌷
As we begin another new month heading towards the end of the year, I thought I'd write up another something sweet to share with everyone today! Grab a cup of tea or coffee and join me for a tasty treat that's sure to have your mouth watering! 💌

- - -  - - -

Have you ever eaten something so delicious that you almost regret each bite, knowing there's one less bite than before? Admittedly, that probably sounds a bit silly considering how many delicacies the world has to offer..! But when one combines delicious food with heaps of love, it brings out something magical in a flavour that can't be achieved with just store-bought ingredients alone.


If you've been following me for any means of time now, you'll surely have heard me mention my favourite local eatery by the name of CheChe's Vegan. Run by the ever so beautiful, ever so talented Tanesha, this vegan pop-up 'popped up' on my radar sometime mid-last year, when the pandemic kept many of us indoors and exploring our own creative food palettes.

Eager to enjoy a little time out of the house and support a small business during tough times, we packed up the boot of the car with blankets and pillows and perhaps the least cuddly of stuffed animals, Miss Junie, and set off for a lakeside picnic with our first ever CheChe's Vegan meal.
I'd mentioned at the time, we didn't have the most success with the unexpected downpour raining on our lakeside parade; but one thing was surely a hit: the food.


Ever since that late Summer encounter, we've been hooked on Tanesha's home cooking, and of course, her! We make it a point to safely venture to as many pop-up's, events, or markets she vends at, if not for the food but to see her shining face. No matter how many times we shyly saunter up, she warmly welcomes us with a hug, a smile, and excitement to fill our bellies with yummy food!

And so when she kindly offered us a special dessert to try, one not yet on the menu, I thought that perhaps, maybe I was dreaming? 💭 A special treat from my favourite local chef? It was sure to be the most delicious thing I'd ever tasted and spoiler: it was.


The moment I laid eyes on this CheChe Special Vegan Berry Cheesecake, I couldn't wait to get it home for a few photos alongside my favourite porcelain pieces..! Something as beautifully crafted as this dessert deserved its own photoshoot before being eaten up in just a few days (perhaps less if I had just a smidgen less self-control)!

 

Fluffy, creamy cheesecake base, perfectly sweetened, and glazed with berry compote baked into a golden crust: all entirely vegan and all entirely for me. Well, alright, that's a bit of a stretch on the truth, even if I wish it wasn't...
I'd never tasted cheesecake, vegan or non-vegan, as delicious as this. One filled with so much...love? Passion? Heart? With every bite, I realized that food like this (and all of her dishes) is more than just about how it tastes...it's how it makes you feel. Food from the heart, for the heart. 


- - - 
 - - -

Writing up this little post had me wishing I could have just another bite to share with all of you..! I hope you can forgive me for not saving any this time around and instead, I hope you were able to enjoy my waffling words! Please be sure to give CheChe's Vegan a little peek if you're in the mood for some heartfelt, homemade vegan cooking with a smile.

Until next time!
With love, always,

You May Also Like

2 notes

  1. This is the cutest love letter to a cake I ever read💓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, sweet one! I know that lovely Tanesha put her heart into making this, the same way I put my heart into making this post..! ♡

      Delete