Liz Lisa Spring 2020 Haul ♡

by - 3:18 PM

Good afternoon, flowers!
🌷
It's been a little bit, hasn't it? I'll spare the introduction of how much I intended to blog throughout this year and yet how little of it actually came to be. C'est la vie, right?



Rather, today I have a little look into my latest Liz Lisa order!
With quarantine affecting many of us around the world, I've found myself with a bit of extra time on my hands and wanted to make the most of the opportunity. I took time on a quiet Sunday afternoon back in March (yes, March) and created my own little photoshoot, to create a little Liz Lisa wonderland!
I hope you can see how inspired I felt by both their older and newer shoots!
- - -  - - -

ハートパール透かし編みカーディガン in ホワイト(101)

Heart Pearl Knitted Cardigan in White (101)
101-3003-0


I've been in need of a white cardigan for quite some, it's one of those items that you either have or haven't, and if you have it's all in one colour. My colour? Well, it seems to be mostly pinks, I'm afraid. I thought it was about time for a little touch of white!

  

Initially, I fell in love with this cardigan because of the heart knit detailing. Soft and subtle and cute, exactly what I had in mind. The pearl hearts and ribbons add that classic princess feel that Liz Lisa pieces tend to have! I also love that they're snap buttons, I feel as though it helps the ribbons and buttons to keep their shape, and not droop.

  

The ribbons on the sleeves are quite big and I find myself being extra careful not to dirty them ; but truth be told, they're bound to get a bit dirty one day! The scalloped neckline is a lovely little detail that compliments the cutesy accents. The front is slightly lower, which makes it perfect for displaying cute collar patterns while wearing this over-top! Everything pulls together so nicely, you can tell this piece was designed with a lot of love.

I'm excited to pair this with printed skirts and dresses, even during the warmer summer months. It's not awfully heavy, though not as light as say a Liz Lisa momonga cardigan!


- - -  - - -

バックリボンフリルソックス in ホワイト(101)

Back Ribbon Frill Socks in White (101)
101-9801-0


Now, I'll start by addressing that it's a bit difficult to justify spending nearly $30 on socks. The design and the fact that I've never owned a pair of socks not from Aliexpress may be the best attempt I have, other than that they made me happy and that's what it's all about.

I'd been thinking of these socks on and off, torn between the pink and the white options (and the desire to just purchase both) ; but after careful deliberation, decided I'd be more likely to wear the white! After all, there's no need to add something to your closet if you aren't certain how often you'll wear it. Each piece deserves love and attention, and if not, it deserves a better home!

  

The lace design itself is simple Liz Lisa, more than likely a leftover design from a dress that went well on socks. The added layer of tulle and ribbon pieces are what really accentuate the design, in my opinion! Bows on bows on bows! 

  

I love the print on the sock for shoes that have an open top, it's a subtle little detail that is normally hidden, but makes the socks even cuter! Hearing the crystal heart charm dangle as I walk makes me feel a bit like Isabelle, too! ^^; 

The socks can pull up the ankle quite a bit but don't slide down, as some socks do, which is good. While they seem sturdy enough, I've been carefully spot cleaning and hand-washing to avoid the charm rusting or losing the shape the ribbons have! It's certainly something to consider before spending on, well, anything.


- - -  - - -

Candy Jewelry Box柄ワンピース in ホワイト(101)

Candy Jewelry Box Pattern Dress in White (101)
101-6001-0

It's been a bit since I've purchased a print from Liz Lisa, in recent days I've been enjoying plain patterns (florals, gingham, patchwork) and more natural fabrics, like cotton! Especially during the warmer days, it feels nice to wear something that not only looks nice, but feels nice on the body!

When the design was first released at the beginning of the year, as a long-sleeved dress, I thought I may have to pass as I'd received the makeup rabbit print for Christmas and already had to put it away thanks to an early Summer. Again, it seemed silly to buy something I wouldn't get much wear out of this year.


But then, due to Covid-19, the release of the dress was delayed and when it was re-released, perhaps by a miracle, it became short sleeved! Despite being on the fence about owning another patterned piece, that was in some ways, similar to the makeup rabbit print, I couldn't resist the gingham frill and bow collar.

  

It was a tough decision, between the white, lavender, and pink colourways because the gingham accented the print so well in all 3 colours! Lavender seemed a bit too cool and with pink, I felt the design didn't catch the eye as much ; ultimately, I went with the creamy white! I love yellow gingham and the way this dress shines in the light is absolutely a yellow hue!



As I mentioned, the long sleeve design would have been a pass from me, not only because it wouldn't work for where I live but also because it seemed a bit too...plain. The sheer white sleeving was a design point for quite a few of the winter releases this year and while it doesn't exactly detract from the dress, it would have been a bit plain when the Candy Box design itself is so full of life!
Ultimately, I'm happy they gave the sleeve a little frill with the gingham pattern cuff to tie the piece together!

  

The double bow collar was another unique detail that I feel Liz Lisa did often back in the day, but came to go on without. Although it may be a bit childish to some, I love how it balances the tie ribbon at the back. It captures the playful, fun essence I think the designers envisioned when creating the Candy Box pattern.


Layers of delicate flowers, ribbons, candies and toy jewellery...
I was worried at first because, as many of us often worry about, I am growing older! My tastes, my style, little by little I change and grow every day. There was a part of me that thought, maybe, perhaps, this was too much? But too much for who? For others or myself? I loved the print, the cut and style of dress, the colour... why shouldn't I wear something I love, with pride?
And so, I did. ♡

As I grow, I want to continue to wear what brings me the greatest happiness, no matter what.
- - -  - - -

That's it for my little Spring haul this time! This year has already been eventful and while things haven't panned out quite the way I'd hoped they would, I'm still thankful for moments like this, where I can write about the little joys I'm grateful for. It fills me with drive to write even more, so we can all share our daily reasons to smile, in hopes it can bring a smile to someone, somewhere. 

Until next time!
With love, always,

You May Also Like

3 notes

  1. Welcome back to blogging! I missed your posts! And these photos are absolutely beautiful. They look like they came out of a Liz Lisa catalogue! I'm so glad you will keep wearing what you love. I know I am going to for a long while yet. Because when you think about it, you don't really have to stop anything due to age. It's as long as you still love it and it still brings that magical feeling when you see it! Hope you're doing well! <3
    ~Kieli♥
    bunnycraftydream.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely are all your pictures? I love everything you got from the spring collection, and I love the creamy, whites too. It's so pretty. How lucky was it that the dress changed to short sleeves? It was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're as sweet as ever! ♡ I'm certainly lucky to have made these purchases and even more so that the sleeves wound up being short! I can't quite describe why, but there's something about the pattern that makes me SO incredibly happy! I'm hoping that once shipping resumes, I'll be able to treat myself to something new! ♡

      Delete