Photo Diary: January 2019 ♡

by - 9:48 PM

Hello, flowers!
🌷
With one chapter of the year complete, I've been anxious to type up a new style of blog post to add to my diary! Throughout the months, I always take an abundance of photos wherever we go; whether it's of the scenery, the delicious treats I try, my outfits, or the little joys that bring me a smile. Yet, I never really do anything with them. That's not to say photos do much, other than be looked at, but that's exactly the problem! I've share them on my Instagram stories where they're seen for a mere 24 hours and then poof: they're gone, disappearing into the void to never be seen by anyone else ever again. I couldn't help but think... Tragic, isn't it?

There is oh so much magic in the little moments that I think it about time I dedicate a page in my little diary to the happiness they bring me.
Please be warned, these types of blog posts may be a bit of a read!

Today's soundtrack for blogging:
- - -  - - -
January 1st:
This year marked my Prince and I's 7 year anniversary, which still seems so unreal..! Although we didn't have anything particularly special planned (New Year's Day was a Tuesday and Mr. Prince had to work), I decided to use my time off to make a delicious breakfast of white chocolate chip & rose water pancakes! I found a base recipe for rose pancakes on Pinterest and took to tweaking it, adding white chocolate chips and a white chocolate sauce to serve over top! It's safe to say Mr. Prince was extremely pleased~ I think it important to start the New Year off on a happy note, with wishes the rest of the year follows suite! I even wore one of my favourite dresses from Liz Lisa, the sunflower OP from 2015! The New Year is certainly off to a sunny start!

 

Later that evening, when Mr. Prince was off work, we treated ourselves to ice cream to ensure that it's a sweet year indeed! I changed into something a bit more comfortable so that we could play Pokemon Go afterwards! 

  

January 2nd:
The sky was calm, my flowers were getting a nice little bathwater change, and the postman was kind enough to bring me my Taobao parcel filled with goodies for our Japan trip (oh and new clothes, of course)!

  

As expected, everything I bought matches! Soft pinks, pearly whites and gentle browns for a warm touch! Oh, and seeing as I've received so many questions about the floral dress, I thought I'd include the link to it! 

  

January 3rd:
No matter how we try to prevent bad happenstances, they are happenstances for a reason! As lovely a day as it was, in the evening, my Nan was admitted to the hospital with a severe kidney infection, where she also suffered a minor heart attack..! It was frightening, to say the least. Luckily enough, she's alright and getting better with each day. At the very least, I loved my outfit that day..!



January 4th:
Mr. Prince and I matched for our trip to the hospital to visit Nan! She seemed to enjoy it and it put her in good spirits, despite being stuck in the hospital! I'm happy we could find a way to make her smile.

  

January 5th:
A bright day in which Mr. Prince took me out on a date! It's not often that we have the time to explore, just the two of us, so we took advantage of the lovely weather and made wonderful memories together. I can still feel the warmth of the sun, even now...

  
  
  
  

January 10th:
I put together a little coordinate inspired by my older Popteen magazines, from the 2011 era of Liz Lisa! The warmth of the sun in the mornings was enough to warm my chilled skin because, yes, it was chilly and yes, my legs do get cold! 

  

  

January 12th:
As we do most Saturday's, my Prince and I took a trip to the local farmers market for our fresh produce and a few goodies to munch on throughout the week (although they don't normally make it past Monday)...! One of my favourite buildings in town is just across the way from the market, bright flowers scaling the side of the shop like a painting come to life!

  
  

We also took a detour to TJMaxx and HomeGoods in hopes the shelves would be filled with Valentine's and early signs of Spring! In typical Lulu fashion, I ended up falling in love with a set of teacups and may have made a small purchase...

  

January 13th:
Despite still having an eye infection, Mr. Prince and Penchan took me out for taiyaki at a local (well, somewhat local) favourite cafe of ours, Ice & Bites. I find myself growing even more excited to try actual local taiyaki during our visit to Tokyo! 

  

January 14th-18th:
Work days are generally quiet, I find that I'm too tired (or rather, lazy) after work to have the drive to do much. Still, there's always something happening, even if it's small!

  
  

I've had these lovely Daiso frames for a few months now, courtesy of one of my fantastic coworkers. I wasn't quite sure what to put in them, so for now, I've added some of my favourite Liz Lisa photoshoots as somewhat of an inspiration. Not to mention, they make me smile!


After several days of debate, I could no longer resist the matching pieces to the teacups from a few days prior. It's a lovely feeling knowing I own a complete set, my very first!

  

  

I woke up a tad earlier than usual and was able to watch the suns warmth play with the shadows in my room! Being able to watch the sun rise and wake everything beneath it is so very relaxing.

   
  

And of course, a few of my outfits for the work week! I can't begin to describe how lucky I feel that I'm able to wear my own style every day and the happiness it brings me knowing my coworkers look forward to seeing what I'll wear next..!

January 19th: 
One of Mr. Prince's resolutions this year was to increase his stamina and health (particularly before our Tokyo trip); so the two of us have been taking walks in the mornings before work and in the afternoons on the weekends. Although our neighbourhood itself is but a simple square, the neighbourhoods across the way are filled with hidden gems. My Prince even managed to spot a 4-leaf clover, how lucky~! 

  
  

January 20th:
The laziest of Sunday's, which, for a change, was welcomed! The day was spent baking, window shopping, and brushing up on my French..! My rose water toaster pastries (let's be honest, they're off brand Poptarts? Toaster Strudels?) were an absolute hit; so much so that all six were gone before night fell! If you're interested in making something similar, this is the recipe I used, with a few minor tweaks!

  

January 21st-25th:
Perhaps one of the chilliest weeks we've had this winter, which of course didn't seem to last long enough. 

  

For the first time this season, I was able to wear my beloved Liz Lisa scarf that rarely sees the outside world!

 

It's always a pleasure being able to wear my long sleeved dresses, even if only for a short period of time. I've come to realise just how many of them I own, yet never wear! I think this may have been the start of my very own Marie Kondo challenge...

  

The post that week was particularly packed, what with my passport, two bottles of multi-vitamins, the newest Mree CD (signed!!), and my Liz Lisa parcel all showing up! I admit, I love the sensation of expecting something in the mail! 

January 26th:
Penchan, Mr. Prince and I took a rainy day trip to the Mall at Millenia in Orlando. It was partially to buy shampoo/conditioner bars, as part of our journey towards leaving less of a carbon footprint! Though, a stop in Godiva didn't hurt, either. Everything was so perfectly decorated in reds and pinks in anticipation of Valentine's Day!

  
  

January 28th-31st:
The rest of the month was rather quiet, spent mostly celebrating my mum's birthday and working even harder than the usual to finish everything at work for CNY orders..! Still, there is a tranquility in quietness that we often need. 

  

- - -  - - -

Despite being halfway through February, I'm relieved to have wrapped up this little photo diary and share it with you all..! Hopefully, it give more of an insight into what the every day life of a Lulu is like!
Daily life may seem a bit of a bore, but if you look for the magic in every moment, you'll always find something to be delighted about. 

With love, always, 

You May Also Like

1 notes

  1. Your blog is so beautiful. When I saw that you also blog, I had to read it. Reading this post made me feel so calm and I really enjoyed it. I read it the whole way through. I'm glad your nan is doing better. Your photos are just lovely. I am definitely subscribing to your blog.
    ~Kieli♥
    Bunnycraftydream.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete