A Flower's Touch, Organic Rose by Meishoku

by - 8:34 PM


Even during the most mild of winters, the chilly air can still nip at ones cheeks, drying out the skin. Flaky makeup, dry patches, and clogged pores result from worn out skin, makeup settling into crevices left exposed. Just as a flower with dry and withered petals, your skin can't possibly shine its brightest if it's tired, dirty, and weathered! Unfortunately, I tend to suffer with dry, sensitive skin that grows ever more irritated during the colder months. Even more unfortunate, I often tend to skip the extra, preventative steps in my daily skin care routine...
In an attempt to improve my routine this year, I took to purchasing both a 'skin conditioner' and 'conditioning gel', better known as a toner and moisturiser. Meishoku is a well known Japanese cosmetics/beauty brand featured in several beauty magazines, and is often available in smaller Japanese owned shops, as well as online. Aside from the charming packaging, what drew me in to the Organic Rose Conditioning Gel and Organic Rose Skin Conditioner were the overwhelmingly positive reviews! Women of all ages and skin types exclaimed their love for the products, most experiencing no discomfort, redness, or burning all while enjoying the pleasantness that is the rosy smell. 🌹
I'll be honest in saying that until recently, I was never quite sure what the purpose of a toner was. I saw it in dim light, an 'every now and then' luxury sort of beauty product that I only used when remembered (which was rare). Toners, in my personal opinion, are like the wax option at a carwash! Not necessary, but just as wax buffs out any left over dirt and keeps the shine on a car, toner removes any traces of dirt or film left from makeup remover, and helps to seal pores to keep them tight!


Unlike my makeup remover, the Organic Rose Skin Conditioner doesn't feel the least bit greasy! The layer of oil left behind by my (supposedly oil-less) remover is lifted away, leaving my skin feeling hydrated, without being slippery. The scent, a very fragrant rose, reminds me of a garden. It has little to no alcohol smell, unlike the toners I've used in past, and while it does tingle my face on contact, I'm not left with any burning sensation or redness after use. 

Unfortunately, a little of this product does not seem to go a long way. After using the conditioner a total of only three times, there's far less liquid in the bottle than I expected, especially with how difficult it is to get it out. The opening of the bottle is simply a small hole that leaks out one to two drops once shaken. I've found I have to shake it like a martini to get enough for a cotton wool ball! While this prevents accidentally spilling (perhaps a life saver for someone as accident prone as I am), it can be quite aggravating.
That being said, would I repurchase this specific product? After use, my skin feels noticeably cleaner and tighter than after just using a makeup remover alone, which is a lovely feeling at the end of a long day. That, combined with visibly softer skin, no harsh burning or stinging, and of course, the enchanting rose fragrance are enough for me to continue using the Organic Rose Skin Conditioner... until the bottle runs out.
Due to how little product it seems you receive (despite being 200mL) combined with the cost of $12.99, I can't quite justify spending on this toner, and find the chances are slim that I'll repurchase once I finish up this bottle. I think I'll keep my eyes open to any new, less costly toners for sensitive skin. In total, I'd still award it...
4 / 5
Pros: 
♡ Cleaner, tighter feeling skin and pores
♡ Softer skin
♡ No burning or irritation
♡ Fragrant smell
Cons: 
 Pricey for some
 Hard to dispense 
 Needs a lot of product
 Potentially overly fragrant for some




There are many reasons as to why moisturising is a necessity for healthy, happy, and glowing skin. Like water to a flower, we must nourish our skin that we so often forget is affected by every day factors: makeup, sweating after working out, even the air! I used to be under the pretense that one only needed to mosturise if there were obvious signs, such as rough patches. It wasn't until I noticed one day at work...my makeup was settling into my skin and flaking only in specific areas. I was certain the culprit was either my rather old primer or my rather cheap foundation until I noticed that even without either, the areas of my skin were still rough and flaking! I was horrified to say the least...

I couldn't bare to see my skin in such poor condition, especially something that overall I'm quite proud of! I drink predominantly water (with lemonade on the occasion), remove every visible ounce of makeup at night, and exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! It never occurred to me that perhaps with all the cleaning, I was potentially making my skin too clean, or rather, scrubbing just a tad too much.
I immediately began to use the Organic Rose Skin Conditioner Gel at the first sign of dryness, first at nights, then as part of my morning routine as well! Within just three days, my skin felt back to normal, almost no roughness to show.

Much unlike the normal conditioner (or toner), just a dab of the conditioning gel goes quite a ways! The formula is a white lightweight, gel like cream that glides onto the skin in a (slippery) stroke. While drying, your face may feel a tad moist until it dries to a tacky finish. I'll admit it took some getting used to, making sure my hair or other unwanted objects didn't stick to my face...however, the results are most definitely worth a bit of stickiness! After just one overnight use, I woke up feeling fresh and moisturised, like the petals of a flower, and might I add smelling like them, too!💐

Recently, I've been toying around with the lotion as a primer, and while I'll keep to my VDL primer, it definitely yields decent results for a light makeup day or for when you're simply in a hurry. Overall, I find this moisturiser/lotion/cream/conditioning gel/whatever you may call it to be extremely kind to my dry, sensitive skin! Priced the same as the toner, at $12.99 for 90g, I find this to be a much better value for what it's worth and find it will last me quite some time ~ I personally have no qualms about it, the conditioner deserves full marks!

5/5
Pros: 
♡ Hydrates and moisturises skin
♡ Softer skin
♡ No burning or irritation
♡ Fragrant smell
♡ Little goes a long way
Cons: 
 Pricey for some
 Potentially overly fragrant for some

I hope you lovely poppies enjoyed reading my little review and it has given you insight on two potentially new products for some of you! You can find both the Organic Rose Conditioning Gel (Moisturiser) and Organic Rose Skin Conditioner (Toner) in the links provided, just give a click to the names~
I find blogging about smaller lifestyle topics such as this, recent coordinates or purchases, as well as inspirations will prove to be much fruitful! I hope you'll all continue to bloom alongside me in the future as we plant the seeds of our futures 
With love, always,
Lucy

You May Also Like

0 notes