Etude House ; Any Cushion Review #N02 , Light Beige

by - 11:16 AM


For a while now, CC cushions have been trending in not only Korean cosmetics, but have made a surge in America, too. Now, while I can appreciate the wider variety of cushions available on the American market, there's something about the Korean version (added benefits like SPF? Or maybe just the cute packaging) that forced me into trying it out. 

I purchased my first Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion back in July of last year, roughly the time of year when the Florida sun starts to melt your makeup off before noon. At this time, I had no idea about the different options available, and as previously mentioned, was suckered into the Any Cushion Magic Pink because of the cute pink packaging. Unfortunately, the cushion did little to nothing for me. It was a neat concept and ultimately, I can appreciate the dewiness it gave my dull skin; but that was it, no coverage, no cover up, just a little shine.


I purchased my cushion from Amazon Prime at $16.20 ; As you can see, the box became slightly damaged during the 2-day delivery, but no contents were damaged.

 I decided to repurchase the cushion after my first failed attempt, but after a little bit of research, went with the Any Cushion in #N02 Light Beige. I found the whole cushion set (compact, fill, and sponge) to be cheaper than just purchasing a refill for my current case.

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methyl Trimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg- 10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Mother Of Pearl, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, Disodium Edta, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Alcohol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Fragrance
Weight (g) 90 |  Size 15 g / 0.52 oz.
Albeit, this is a lot less product than you'd normally receive with a drug-store foundation, I've found a little can go a long way.



Once open, you'll see that your compact comes with the cushion and a small paper cover over the actual foundation itself. Luckily, the foundation and sponge work so that the product doesn't come out unless you press down with your finger or cushion.
When you remove the covering, perhaps one of the first things you'll notice is the smell. Etude House is known for their heavy use of fragrance in their products, and the Any Cushion has a strong, spring like smell.


At first, I was surprised to see how dark the colour itself was on the actual sponge. I thought to myself, "Oh no, did I get the wrong colour?!" , especially considering that even in the American market, I have trouble finding a shade pale enough for my porcelain ivory skin. Light beige is generally 3 - 4 shades darker than I use!

 

Voila! The sponge is really just an illusion, it has all of the foundation soaked up inside, making it look a lot darker and more yellow than it really is. The colour that comes out is a warm, natural shade ; an ivory with warm / yellow undertones. 




In terms of texture, the Any Cushion has a light and airy feel, so my pores don't feel like they're swimming every time I wear makeup (what a relief!). It doesn't take much, just a few light presses into the sponge, and you should be set to cover what needs to be. 
I personally have normal to dry skin, and often find that some foundations are drying, with cakey build up or flaking. The Any Cushion, however, has more of a wet/oily feel, and with the help of the cushion, glides onto my skin, leaving that dewy glow many Korean cosmetics offer.
Those with moderate to overly oily skin, be warned! 


I've been very fortunate not to have suffered with acne, nor have I ever really had major blemish problems. In fact, just about my biggest skin flaw are small patches of darkness, from dull skin. While I've come to accept that I'm forever fated to having these designer black bags under my eyes, I like to lighten them so I don't look near death. The Any Cushion works to lighten the darkness under my eyes, but I've found it has more trouble covering redness, and additional concealers were needed.


 As you can see, the Any Cushion has an impressive light, yet build-able coverage. When paired with the Etude House Face Blur primer, my skin is left radiant and glowing! I've noticed that in non-extreme temperatures, this effect can last anywhere up to 6 or so hours, before the glow starts to fade.

- - - & - - -

To recap, the Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion is a CC cushion light enough for daily wear. It uses a sponge and cushion system for an easy build and smoothing effect, leaving skin looking dewy, luminous, and fresh. Just lightly press the sponge with the cushion (or blender of choice), pat lightly, and go. At right around $15 for the whole set, this CC Cushion is perhaps the cheapest on the market, when compared with brands like Iope.

Positive:
-Dewy/glowing skin
-Easy & quick to use
-Covers dark areas & minor blemishes
-Light, natural coverage
-Rather inexpensive

Unfavourable:
-Strong fragrance
-Redness & major blemishes still noticeable
-May be too oily for some users
-Not many colour options

Final thoughts ;
I love my Any Cushion and trust it for quick, glowing skin. It's great both over foundation and on it's own, and has a silky, light texture that gives off the natural and soft appearance of fair skin. I would purchase this product again, as I like to keep my cushion on hand for my daily go-to wear!

Sincerely,

You May Also Like

0 notes